Books and stories! Music and movement! Hands-on activities and snacks!
- Spring Series begins Monday, April 17, 2017, and continues every Monday, 5:30-6:30 p.m., through May 22, 2017
- The program will focus on the 3-5 year-old age group, but all family members may attend. Pre-schoolers must be accompanied by an adult.
- Attend any or all of the Mondays, but must make a reservation for snacks the Saturday beforehand. See contact info below.
- Registration requested to help with staff planning. Send a message on Stair District Library Facebook, email firstname.lastname@example.org or stop in or call 458-6510 during regular hours: Monday & Wednesday: 10 a.m. to 7 p.m.; Tuesday, Thursday, & Friday: 1 to 5 p.m.; Saturday: 9 a.m. to 1 p.m..
COCOA & COLORING (Formerly Cookies & Coloring)
First Wednesday of the month from 4:30 to 6:30 p.m. Begins Feb. 1, 2017
- FOR ADULTS!
- You can still bring cookies...or any snack you want...or not; we'll supply the cocoa.
- We'll also supply the coloring pages and colored pencils, markers, crayons and lots of GEL PENS!
TALK with TED @ TWO
First and fourth Thursday of the month, beginning Feb. 2 at 2 p.m.
Talk @ Two discussion group has morphed into Talk with TED at 2 p.m. featuring TED Talks from ted.com followed by discussion. Come talk about it! Click on the ted.com link, browse the site, and offer suggestions of talks you'd like us to feature!
NOTE: The book discussion group meets the third Monday of the month, February through November.
Who: Anyone who loves books and a good discussion.
What: Out of the Easy by Ruta Sepetys
When: Monday, April 17, 7 p.m.
Where: In the Library Annex
Why: It's fun! Intellectually stimulating! Socially uplifting!
How: Ask for a copy of the book at the circulation desk
- Every Monday at 10:30 a.m. throughout the Morenci school year.
- The program is canceled when Morenci schools are delayed or closed.
- The program is a participatory, rollicking half-hour of short stories, songs, nursery rhymes, finger plays and the like for children under two and their parents or caregiver. Pre-school age children accompanied by their parent or caregiver are welcome to attend.
- Registration is not required, but is helpful for staff planning.
TEEN BOOK & WRITERS CLUB
The group usually meets at 11:11 a.m. on the second Saturday of the month in the library annex.
TECH TIME ON TUESDAYS
From 4 to 5 p.m. every Tuesday, staff will be available to help you with your mobile device or give computer-related instruction. Bring your questions: If we don't know the answer, we'll find someone who does!
Creative Construction Toys Available Daily in the Library
Play with our NEW totally cool creative construction toys whenever we're open! (Funded by Disney through a grant administered by the Association for Library Services to Children, a division of the American Library Association)
- B. Toys Bristle blocks
- Keva planks
- Blocks: architectural, unit, Haba
- 255-piece domino race set
- Sculpture in a Box
What is your library worth to you?
Literally...how much do you save by using your library? Find out by using the "Return on Investment Calculator" in the box to the right, under the hours, or at the top left in the navigation box...last item.
A FEW LINKS...
- Work and research from the office or from home, anytime
- Book reviews, top sellers, author interviews, and news headlines