KITTY CAT CLARINET!
Saturday, October 10, 2015 @ 1:30 p.m. at Stair District Library & 10:30 a.m. at Adrian District Library
- FOR CHILDREN 2-6 AND THEIR FAMILIES!
- FREE 30-minute program
- Adrian Symphony Orchestra musicians playing short solo selections: Spencer Prewitt, clarinet and Dave Rains, piano AND Lenawee's Heart & Soul Music & Movement Specialist Caryn Sieler with rhymes, songs and picture books
- Registration requested. Please call 458-6510 or send a message on Facebook to attend at Stair District or 517-265-2265 to attend at Adrian District Library.
- This activity is supported by the Michigan Council for Arts and Cultural Affairs and made possible for our library through the generosity of Cathy Chesher and Adrian District Library.
- Other sponsors include Art Works, Arts Alliance, the National Endowment for the Arts and KKE.
COOKIES & COLORING
- October 1, 2015 @ 7 p.m.
- FOR ADULTS!
- You bring the cookies; we supply the materials
- But it doesn't have to be cookies...carrots, cucumbers, cashews...anything you want to bring...or not...is fine!
- We'll supply the coloring pages and colored pencils, markers, crayons and lots of GEL PENS!
- Pre-school Storytime with a twist! Everybody in the family is welcome to attend this evening program with their pre-schooler!
- The program will focus on the 3-5 year-old age group, but all family members may attend. Pre-schoolers must be accompanied by an adult.
- Six-week program begins Monday, Oct. 12, at 5:30 p.m. and continues through Monday, Nov. 16
- Please register by Saturday, Oct. 10, to help with staff planning.
- Begins Monday, Sept. 28 at 10:30 a.m. and continues every Monday at that time throughout the Morenci school year.
- The program is canceled when Morenci schools are delayed or closed.
- The program is a participatory, rollicking half-hour of short stories, songs, nursery rhymes, finger plays and the like for children under two and their parents or caregiver. Pre-school age children accompanied by their parent or caregiver are welcome to attend.
- Registration is not required, but is helpful for staff planning.
REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMS...
NOTE: The book discussion group meets the third Monday of the month, February through November.
Who: Anyone who loves books and a good discussion.
What: The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway
When: Monday, September 21, 2015, 7 p.m.
Where: In the Library Annex
Future selections: October: Whistling Past the Graveyard; November: Shark Tales: How I turned $1,000 into a billion dollar business.
TEEN BOOK & WRITERS CLUB
The group usually meets at 11:11 a.m. on the second Saturday of the month in the library annex.
TECH TIME ON TUESDAYS!
From 4 to 5 p.m. every Tuesday, staff will be available to help you with your mobile device or give computer-related instruction. Bring your questions: If we don't know the answer, we'll find someone who does!
TALK @ TWO ON THURSDAYS
Talk @ Two discussion group tackles issues from local to international, mundane to esoteric. Come talk about it!
Discussion group meets at 2 p.m. every week on Thursday in the annex.
What is your library worth to you?
Literally...how much do you save by using your library? Find out by using the "Return on Investment Calculator" in the box to the right, under the hours, or at the top left in the navigation box...last item.
A FEW LINKS...
- Work and research from the office or from home, anytime
- Book reviews, top sellers, author interviews, and news headlines