Creative Construction Toys Available Daily to Play in the Library
Play with our NEW totally cool creative construction toys whenever we're open! (Funded by Disney through a grant administered by the Association for Library Services to Children, a division of the American Library Association)
- B. Toys Bristle blocks
- Keva planks
- Blocks: architectural, unit, Haba
- 255-piece domino race set
- Sculpture in a Box
Sculptamania! Art Exhibit
Students' sculptures on display in the library and annex during regular library hours
- Abstract organic sculptures
- Chihuly-inspired art
- "Kandinsky mobiles
- Floral relief sculptures
- Paper relief loop sculptures
- Also, "Can You Sculpt?" sponsored by Morenci Garden Club
Sculptamania! Artist Reception
Saturday, February 27, 2016, 10 a.m. to noon
- Meet the student artists Play with our NEW creative construction toys
- Learn about the Sculptamania! surprise
COOKIES & COLORING
COLORING surprise for February!
February 4 @ 7 p.m. (Every first Thursday @ 7)
- FOR ADULTS!
- You bring the cookies; we supply the materials
- But it doesn't have to be cookies...carrots, cucumbers, cashews...anything you want to bring...or not...is fine!
- We'll supply the coloring pages and colored pencils, markers, crayons and lots of GEL PENS!
- Pre-school Storytime with a twist! Everybody in the family is welcome to attend this evening program with their pre-schooler!
- The program will focus on the 3-5 year-old age group, but all family members may attend. Pre-schoolers must be accompanied by an adult.
- Six-week program began Monday, Jan. 18, 2016, and continues every Monday, 5:30-6:30 p.m., through Feb. 22.
- Registration requested to help with staff planning. Call 458-6510 or send message on Stair District Library Facebook.
- Every Monday at 10:30 a.m. throughout the Morenci school year.
- The program is canceled when Morenci schools are delayed or closed.
- The program is a participatory, rollicking half-hour of short stories, songs, nursery rhymes, finger plays and the like for children under two and their parents or caregiver. Pre-school age children accompanied by their parent or caregiver are welcome to attend.
- Registration is not required, but is helpful for staff planning.
REGULARLY SCHEDULED PROGRAMS...
NOTE: The book discussion group meets the third Monday of the month, February through November.
Who: Anyone who loves books and a good discussion.
What: Trail of Broken Wings by Sejal Badani
When: Monday, Feb. 15, 2016, 7 p.m.
Where: In the Annex
Future selections: Book discussion resumes in February; check back for 2016 selections.
TEEN BOOK & WRITERS CLUB
The group usually meets at 11:11 a.m. on the second Saturday of the month in the library annex.
TECH TIME ON TUESDAYS
From 4 to 5 p.m. every Tuesday, staff will be available to help you with your mobile device or give computer-related instruction. Bring your questions: If we don't know the answer, we'll find someone who does!
TALK @ TWO ON THURSDAYS
Talk @ Two discussion group tackles issues from local to international, mundane to esoteric. Come talk about it!
Discussion group meets at 2 p.m. every week on Thursday in the annex.
What is your library worth to you?
Literally...how much do you save by using your library? Find out by using the "Return on Investment Calculator" in the box to the right, under the hours, or at the top left in the navigation box...last item.
A FEW LINKS...
- Work and research from the office or from home, anytime
- Book reviews, top sellers, author interviews, and news headlines